Press Conference is a forceful marketing tool since there is a direct interaction between the press/media and the company/entrepreneur. It acts an open forum for cross questioning about product/service/policy. It builds a rapport with the media who if fed with accurate information and importance of PC for the product or service, then writes an unbiased report which can make a great influence on the general public and the target audience.
Each sector or company should ideally think about Press Conference if there is any major change in the operation or if there is a need to focus on revenue.
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC NEED FOR A PRESS CONFERENCE
- Entertainment & Media: Press Conference or PC, holds a strong stand for the required publicity by this sector especially when there is a launch of new show, movie, concert, play, theatre or several such other factors. When stories are whetted and written by a professional journalist, it reaches to bigger audience and wins the trust of the target audience.
- Travel & Tourism: If you are in a travel & tourism business, you need to atract travellers. Easiest and the most convenient way to reach them is a Press Conference,and that too at a nominal cost, you can reach out to the media and public in the same go and can attract travellers too
- Sports & Leisure: Announcement of upcoming match / new squad/ felicitation ceremony et all can be done through Press Conference. It creates ripples in the market, entice excitement and opens door for advertisers.
- White Goods: Press Conference for white goods is an absolute necessity,, it can instantly connect public to the provider and add to revenue.
- Technology: Technical breakthroughs, inventions, discoveries always draw positive interest in the public. Hence, if you have a news then do not hesitate in going for a Press Conference, both media fraternity and public at large welcome such news. PC turns out to be a good source of instant publicity without a huge unwarranted expenditure.
- Health Care: Today, consumers are becoming health conscious and they look for good health care products which can reduce their expenditure. So, a single Press Conference/PC about health insurance, new drugs, Government Policies related with drug and control Act can arouse interest of media.
- Financial Products & Services: With money being a scarce and essential commodity for good life, any news related with financial products and services is welcome. So, if you have a financial product ready for the market, do not hesitate in sharing information with public through Press Conference, which gives you access to wider reach and quick publicity.
- Not-For-Profit Organization: Institutions which are working for public benefit and doing social service also needs to stay in limelight and talk about the work that they are doing. Owing to low budget, it is only means to let public what is happening in this area. Press Conferences do not ask for heavy expenditure but give good return on the investment.
Press Conferences is one of the branches of marketing tools with a little difference. It requires little effort, is low cost but brings remarkable publicity and works on building trust. Few other times when PC can prove beneficial for a company, entrepreneur or start-ups are mentioned below. Check this list and see how you fit the bill to enjoy the comfort of recognition & branding without making a big investment.